Multivendor marketplaces allow sellers to sell not only physical goods but also digital goods. Customers are satisfied and happy because they get to choose from a huge assortment of products. Ecommerce entrepreneurs are happy because they get to make BIG money by charging vendors a commission. Owing to the unique functionalities that an eCommerce platform possesses, eCommerce enthusiasts require Node JS ecommerce software to be able to effectively run one. Before handpicking a multivendor marketplace of a heavyweight, let us weigh the marketplaces against each other. There are more than 25 multivendor marketplace platforms.
I chose the top 4 players and a new entrant (which has been doing phenomenally well) and compared them on common grounds. Hopefully, this cross-compilation should help you take an informed and well-judged decision.
Woocommerce is essentially a meld of a brilliant eCommerce platform and WordPress ecosystem. WordPress is known for its colossal collection of plugins and extensions. This means that your eCommerce store can run easily on any website without any hassles. Woocommerce gives its developers the flexibility of optimizing the platform and subsequently tweaking it to build an online store.
- As it costs zilch, eCommerce enthusiasts can save precious dollars and build a feature-rich store
- WordPress has a huge community of developers
- Multiple marketing models such as email marketing, discount codes etc., make it look great.
- Works only with WordPress unfortunately
- Upgrades are premium. If you fail to upgrade your store, you will lose your customers to your competition.
- Doesn’t have the features of a Node JS ecommerce software
Magento enjoys a luxurious market share of 25%. It has been in the good books of ecommerce community for its fantastic features such as user-friendliness, flexibility, scalability etc. It is available in three variants: Enterprise, Enterprise Cloud, and Community
Enterprise: US $18000
- Very user-friendly
- Huge collection of templates
- Multiple secure payment gateways integrated
- Customization is not that easy. Customization requires certain amount of technical expertise
- Very expensive
- This multivendor marketplace platform is hosted on its own server
If you are keen on building a brand new eCommerce store that looks stunning and elegant, Shopify is your go-to multivendor marketplace platform. More often than not, people who already own a physical store and look to dominate the web avail the services of Shopify platform. This multivendor marketplace has hogged the limelight for streamlining the check-out process.
Complete Storefront: US $179
To sell through Facebook: US $9
- Easy and remarkably smooth check-in process
- Design templates are professional, gorgeous and stunning
- Round the clock support
- 1500+ apps in Shopify app store
- It is mandatory to have expertise in Shopify’s template language – Liquid
- Significant transaction fee for every sale unless you choose Shopify payment plugin
- Not all integrations are free. Many cost you a fortune.
No article is complete without mentioning the brilliance of BigCommerce. BigCommerce is known for its revolutionary and out-of-the-box social channel integrations and eCommerce tools. Its mobile friendly theme collection BigCommerce Next is a class by itself. If you are looking to build a website from scratch, BigCommerce is certainly a great choice.
Starts from US $29.95 per month
- Awesome themes
- Extra-ordinary eCommerce tools
- Brilliant social channel integrations
- Not more than 7 templates to choose from without signing up
Genstore is a new Node JS ecommerce multivendor marketplace platform built on MEAN stack. For your information, MEAN stands for MongoDB, Express JS, Angular JS and Node JS. This technology stack is widely used in tech companies such as Google, Facebook and IBM.
- Integrated with Facebook Messenger Bots
- Robust Admin Panel
- Unique Seller Dashboard
- SEO friendly elegant themes and templates
- Effective Dispute Management System
- Multiple Revenue Channels
- Native Android and iOS apps
- 1 year free support
- 1 free domain and 75% off on hosting
- 100% source code and IP rights
- Downloadable web software